Do you love animals? Not just own a dog or a cat or another furry friend, but really take them in as part of your family?
Do you not have any pets of your own right now but volunteer with them just to get your cuddle fix? Do you talk to your animals and wish they would talk back? If you said yes to any of these things, then Pooch Pals might be the job for you!
We are looking for people who care deeply about the safety and happiness of the animals in their care above all else, who can write and speak to both animals and people with patience and compassion, and who can handle walking on and off throughout the day in all kinds of weather.
Our employees are professional, friendly, and mean what they say. While we spend almost all of our time with our furry friends, we also form relationships with their two-legged parents. Like us, our clients have made their pets their family members, and they are trusting US to take care of them. Clients must be able to trust and believe in our employees so that they can rest easy knowing their furry children are in our care.
Pooch Pals is a technology driven company that asks our employees to have a smartphone and check their email throughout the day; we like to talk to you, and we like you to talk back promptly. We will teach you how to use our software, but we do need you to start with a basic knowledge of both computers and the internet.
Familiarity with the NYC transit system is also a definite plus! You will use transit a LOT. We don’t recommend driving between clients as the traffic is usually horrendous and the fees to park are
- We provide training, field support, bonding, and liability insurance in the case of an incident in a client’s home.
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits
- Annual Raises
- Monthly Social Outings
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- US citizenship (or the ability to work in the US)
- The ability to commit to this position for six months. Dogs, like people, appreciate consistency—and so do their owners! If you don’t think you can work for us for at least six months, please don’t apply.
- Full time applicants should be available Monday through Friday, 10am to 6pm. Part time applicants should be available 11am to 3pm. If you’re applying to work nights and weekends, those hours will vary.
- Applicants should be physically fit. If hired, this job will definitely help you to stay in shape, but it’s definitely not a good fit if your mobility or health in general are compromised.
Still sound like the job for you? Please fill out our employment application below! Be as complete as you can in your answers. Make us love you! If we are interested and would like to get to know you better, you will hear from us via email right away!
Before submitting your application please be sure to review our Employment FAQ.
Click here to apply!
Please note by submitting an employment application you hereby authorize Pooch Pals to conduct a background check on you.
Thank you for your interest in working with Pooch Pals.